4. Dealing with your personal information
4.1 Collecting your personal information
What will we collect?
We collect certain personal information from you, which is any information which might identify you. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
The information we collect includes:
- Contact data (your name, email address, any other relevant information we need in order to contact or identify you and any other personal information you choose to provide to us e.g. through the “comments” section of our website);
- Technical data (internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. We track technical data by using cookies – see section 4 below for more details on cookies); and
- Usage data (information about how you use our website).
- Communications preferences (your preferences in receiving communications from us);
When will we collect it?
We collect certain personal information from and about you sign up to hear from ZeroC about the campaign and when you get in contact us or use our website. The ZeroC account is currently managed by the OVO Group Ltd, to provide administrative assistance to the campaign and will not be used for any marketing or sales purposes.
4.2 Using your personal information
We’ll only use your personal information where we’re allowed to by law. Generally, this will be under one or more of the following circumstances:
- to contact you with important updates about the Zero C campaign
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We’ll contact you by the email address you entered when registering your interest.
Communications preferences information
By sharing your personal information with Zero C via the website form you are indicating that you are happy for ZeroC to contact you with updates relating to the Zero C campaign.
4.3 Disclosing your personal information
We may share your personal information with MailChimp in order to store your email address and send relevant information about the campaign.
Where third parties are processing data on our behalf, they won’t use your personal information for their own purposes and we only permit them to use it in accordance with our instructions and the law.
4.4 Protecting your personal information
From time to time, our website may provide hypertext links to sites which are created by individuals and companies outside of ZeroC. We do this if the site is relevant to the topic you’re reading about. Whilst we always try to check that the content of these sites is suitable, we cannot take any responsibility for the practices of the companies who publish the sites that we link to, or the accuracy or relevance of the content on them.
4.5 How long we’ll use your personal information
We’ll only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the reason we collected it, including for any legal requirements we have to comply with.
4.6 Your legal rights
You have various rights in relation to your personal information. These rights are as follows:
- request access to your personal information – you can request a copy of the personal information we hold on you;
- request correction of your personal information – if any personal information we hold on you is incorrect, you can request to have it corrected;
- request erasure of your personal information – you can ask us to delete your personal information in certain circumstances;
- object to processing or restrict processing of your personal information – you may object to our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- request the transfer of your personal information – to provide you, or a third party you have chosen, with your personal information; and
- withdraw consent where we’re relying on consent to process your personal information – if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain information or services to you. We’ll advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
To exercise your rights in relation to your personal information, please email hello@ZeroCenergy.com.
We’ll try to respond to all requests within one month. If your request is complex or if you make lots of requests, we may extend our time to respond – if this is the case, we’ll let you know.